Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The battle inside my head

People have always told me I’m wishy washy. (It pisses me off cuz I know it’s true.) But I’ve come to realize that there’s actually an ongoing battle inside my brain between my white (logical) side and my Chinese (illogical) side.

For example, I can never make a damned decision on what I want to eat. Salad, no sandwich, no Mexican, no salad, no Mexican (phew...ruled out one), no salad cuz I need to lose weight, but I’m craving Mexican food...OKAY – SALAD it is. But where should I get the salad? No wonder I need Zoloft! I mean, really? Seriously?? Why can't I just pack my gosh darned lunch?

That brings me to another topic on topic...swearing. I like to swear. It's fucking great. But my Chinese side, the side that says I should be a lady and prevent vulgar language from pouring out of my mouth (think it, just think it, no one can hear your thoughts) gives me serious frickin guilt trips (again inside my head). Damn it - I love to swear! I LOVE it! It's cathartic and liberating - like slapping that stupid girl -- cubicles down and -- over. OMG...I'm driving myself NUTS! No, I am nuts. Do you see why I drink?

No comments:

Post a Comment